Office & Retreat Manager
Office & Retreat Manager
Oz Farm is seeking a full time, residential Office and Retreat Manager.
The Office and Retreat Manager is responsible for correspondence with the public, coordination and preparation of retreat bookings, organization of calendar, management of budgets and accounting, and dispersal of payroll. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
Strong analytic ability and organizational skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to handle multiple projects and timelines
Ability to work with different individuals and work styles
Ability to be self-motivated and self-managing and to work both independently and collectively
Highly detail-oriented and focused
Valid California driver’s license with clean CA DMV record
Flexibility and sense of humor
Passion for Oz Farm’s mission and work to educate apprentices, grow food for our community, and provide a beautiful space for retreats and events
A thoughtful communicator and caring community member with an interest in intentional living
Primary Responsibilities of the Job
Act as primary corespondent with the public by answering telephone and email
Manage and coordinate all current, future, and potential bookings for the retreat
Keep an up-to-date calendar of all weddings, retreats, and events on property
Work alongside our accountant to keep financial database current and balanced
Manage website and social media and write quarterly newsletters for mailing list
Manage renewal of all legal permits
Pay bills and dispense payroll
Update community members on Oz calendar in weekly staff meetings
Coordinate with house-keeping staff to ensure cabins and guest spaces are prepared for rentals
Coordinate with grounds keeper to ensure green space around guest spaces is well maintained
Coordinate with maintenance department to ensure safety and full functionality of cabins and guest spaces
Be flexible with the tasks required for the business, depending on the needs of Oz Farm, which may include tasks other than those related strictly to the Job Description
Physical Requirements of the Job
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to maneuver on uneven ground, sit for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 25 pounds, and be able perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse and keyboard.
Responsibility as Community Member
1.Participate in weekly staff meetings
2. Abide by all Oz Farm Policies & Protocol
3. Participate in cooking rotation
4. Respect & care for communal spaces
5. Maintain kindness, communication, and care for other community members
1. Compensation of this position is commensurate with experience
2. 3 days paid sick leave and 2 weeks vacation in the slow season.
3. On- Site private cabin with compact kitchen, storage
4. Oz provides bulk staple foods and produce from the farm
5. Staff can participate in Oz Farm courses and events free of charge and use the Oz farm facilities
Please refer to www.ozfarm.com for background on Oz Farm and our programs.
We are accepting applications until position is filled. Estimated start date for the job is early January.
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and list of current references to email@example.com with the subject “Office & Retreat Manager”
Couples and families encouraged to apply.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this position. Thank you.
Oz Farm does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.